Please take and submit our survey. Click "BU-Social Survey Link" below:
Welcome to BU-Social and thank you so much for choosing to Beta Test my new Social-Media Networking Platform. This Prototype was designed to provide you an opportunity to test, experience the concept and tell us what you want in the upcoming App of BU-Social. Your input and feedback is invaluable!
See all BU has to offer:
BETA Testing Tips:
The following tips will help make your experience on the site smoother
1.) This is a Website
It is important to know that you are operating on a Website which will have restrictions and limitations. For example: On the Social-Feeds, uploaded image content unfortunately doesn't fully display properly. We created this prototype for you to experience the concept and provide us with feedback on the things you will want in the upcoming App.
Here are some tips to keep in mind:
Tip 1: One Click Commands
- This Prototype is a Website so loading a page will be slower than on a traditional App Site. Click your command once and ensure it is loading. Multiple clicks will only make the loading process slower.
Tip 2: Accessing the Menu Pages
- On the Homepage, the ‘BU-SOCIAL’ Icon located up top is the Menu. Click ‘BU-SOCIAL’ to bring up the Menu Options On your User Account Page, the ‘Passions Icon’ located up top is the Menu. Click ‘Passions’ to bring up the Menu Options
Tip 3: Navigating from Page to Page
- The navigation symbols move you from pages to page when you click it.
- Click Serves two purposes. 1.) To move next page 2.) Reveals your User Menu for your content
- Click to move back
- Click to move to next page Avoid using your Mobile Device arrows to go back and fourth
- Avoid using your Mobile Device arrows to go back and fourth
2.) The Registration Page
The Registration Page is located on the third Homepage. It can be accessed by clicking the navigation symbols until the page is reached. There are Three Registration Options
- Level 1 Membership:
- Includes One Passion Profile to registered
- Passion Profile includes: One Social-Feed
- Endorse One Member on your page
- Level 2 Membership:
- Includes Three Passion Profiles to registered
- Passion Profile includes: Three Social-Feeds for each Passion
- Post on the Public Social-Feed
- Endorse Three Members on your page
- Level 3 Membership:
- Includes Six Passion Profiles to registered
- Passion Profiles includes: Six Social-Feeds for each Passion
- Endorse Five Members on your page
- Post on the Public Social-Feed
- Post on the Community-Feed
Learn about the Features on BU-Social:
The following is a breakdown on all of the features & functions on the site.
3.) The Homepage Public Social-Feed:
The Public Social-Feed is a timeline feed showcasing members’ "Passion’s Posts" for the public to see. It was designed to serve several purposes:
1.) Non-Registered Users: The Public Social-Feed allows Non-Registered Visitors the ability to connect and see the activities occurring within the site without needing to be registered. It is a safe way to experience and still be apart of the community, even as a Non-Registered Member.
2.) Level 2 & 3 - Professional & Premier Members: The Public Social-Feed was designed to expand your visuality throughout the community by reaching more people. By posting on the Public Social-Feed, not only will you reach everyone already in your partner group, but also members you are not partners with, along with non-registered visitors to the site. You can increase your market place and audience beyond members you’re partners with so that more people can experience your passions.
4.) The Homepage Explore Community:
The Explore Community is a search engine which allows Members or Non-Registered Visitors the ability to explore, search, learn and witness BU-Social’s Community. By typing in the desired Passion (Title/Name) into the search bar, results show members others who have that passion. If no one with that passion is registered, then be the first to register and share that unique passion. The Explore Community navigation is designed to serve two purposes:
- For those still discovering their passion(s), the Explore Community navigation provides a safe way to travel through the site and explore passions others have created. Type in the Passion Title to find all members registered under a passion. This will allow access to accounts to witness and experience the content they’ve created around that passion. This is a great way to further your knowledge on a topic and see more of the connection to you.
- For those who know their passion(s), the Explore Community navigation is a great tool to find other members with common passions and become Partners.
5.) The Homepage Spotlight Feature:
The Spotlight Feature randomly selects six members from the community to feature and highlight. It’s a great way for Members, Companies and Non-Registered Visitors to learn more about you.
6.) Profile Passions:
The Member’s Profile Passions are the Passions the member registers and builds content from. BU-Social is designed and created to facilitate authentic connections among individuals. The concept around BU-Social is designed and created to facilitate authentic connections among individuals. The concept around BU-Social is getting to know one another based on shared passions.
7.) Passion's Social-Feeds:
Each Profile Passion you registered comes with it’s own Social-Feed Page for posting content specifically about that passion. To access a Passion’s Social-Feed on the members homepage, just click one of the Passion Covers and you will be taken to that passion’s social-feed page.
The User Content Options for Registered Members:
- Each passion you registered gets it’s own Photo Page
- When you click the Photo Page from your User Menu, it will take you to the first passion you registered photo page
- From the first passion's photo page, you can access the other passion’s photo pages by clicking their cover images
- To upload photos to a passion, click the Icon Camera
- Each passion you registered gets it’s own Video Page
- When you click the Video Page from your User Menu, it will take you to the first passion you registered video page
- From the first passion's video page, you can access the other passion’s video pages by clicking their cover images
- To upload videos to a passion, click the Icon Camera
- Next copy & paste the YouTube URL Link into the video field
For those that like to write, the Journal Feature is another way to build passion content beyond Photos and Videos and express yourself through creating articles.
- Each passion you registered gets it’s own Journal Page
- When you click the Journal Page from your User Menu, it will take you to the first passion you registered journal page
- From the first passion's journal page, you can access the other passion’s journal pages by clicking their cover images
- To create an Article Entry to a passion, click the Icon Pen
4.) The Community Feed
The Community-Feed located on the User Profile Menu Page is a Social-Feed of all the Social-Feed Posts. It is created and displayed in the order posts are received. This feature is designed for the BETA Prototype Test Site since all accounts created for this test site are open. The Community Feed is another way to stay up to date on the other members testing and creating on the platform.
This version of the Partner feature was created for this BETA Prototype Test Site. There will be no Partner Request Feature for this prototype. All accounts are open. The Partner Page will allow you to search and find other registered members by either their name or passion titles.
6.) The Library
The Library Feature is a personal archive of posts you love and want to save. When visiting a member’s social-feed page, elect to save that post to your Library by clicking ‘Keep’ on the feed’s comment area. By selecting 'Keep,' it will store that post in your personal Library to enjoy and share.
The Team Feature allows you to create a group, invite other members, and share content exclusive to the members on that team.
The Endorsement feature is similar to the Homepage Spotlight Feature. It allows you to select certain members from the community you want to endorse and highlight on your platform. It is another way to promote members and expand their market place by promoting them on your individual account.
9.) Edit Passions
Edit Passions allows you to go back and change registered Profile Passions.